Marlow's Tavern Heats Up Summertime With New Menu Items
Neighborhood Tavern Offers Seasonal Summer Fare
ATLANTA (May XX, 2013) – Atlanta’s favorite neighborhood restaurant, Marlow’s Tavern, is heating up its menu with new seasonal dishes and beverages that pair perfectly with the warm spring and summer weather. All Atlanta-area taverns are featuring the inspired menu. With bold, distinct flavors of regional and international cooking, the restaurant focuses on seasonality and using the freshest ingredients in every dish.
“When we craft a new menu, our goal is to deliver quality dishes that are unique and fun for guests to enjoy, while staying in season,” says John C. Metz, executive chef and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern. “We look at what the local farmers are offering that particular year and incorporate a few organic products when possible.”
Using only the freshest, locally sourced ingredients, the new menu introduces guests to a variety of new plates, from starters to desserts. Examples of new items include:
- Fresh lump crab and lobster dip, a warm, creamy dip, parmesan and panko dusted with toasty pita points ($10.50)
- Peking duck sliders with hoisin BBQ duck, pickled julienne vegetables, fresh cilantro and a toasted baguette ($9)
- Tavern salad with field greens, Granny Smith apple, toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds with sweet Gorgonzola dressing ($6)
- “House-made” black bean veggie burger made all-natural, seasoned perfectly with house-pickled beets and pan-seared on a whole wheat bun ($8)
- Pan-seared Carolina trout with quinoa fried rice, snow pea shoots, scallion, cabbage, carrot and soy glaze ($17)
- Pineapple upside-down cake with pineapple soaked blond cake, warm maple and vanilla syrup, hand-scooped vanilla ice cream and crisp pineapple ($6)
The menu also features handcrafted cocktails that pair perfectly with the summertime inspired dishes, including:
- Hemingway Hand Shake made with strawberry-infused Denizen rum, fresh lime, and Royal Rose Cardamom syrup ($9.50)
- The Gin Job made with Hendricks’s gin, crisp cucumber, basil syrup, fresh lemon and lime juice and a splash of tonic ($9)
The heat of the summer requires cooling down, and guests can relax with new selections of wine and beer. Choices such as Fritz Zimmer Riesling, Chateau Laulerie Malbec, Concordia Rioja, Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale, Ommegang Rare Vos and Anchor Liberty Ale are new to the summer menu.
About Marlow’s Tavern
Marlow’s Tavern was established in November of 2004 with the opening of its first location in Alpharetta, Georgia and has continued to grow over the years, adding several Atlanta-area restaurants and a location in Orlando, Florida. In 2013, Nation’s Restaurant News named Marlow’s Tavern one of its NRN 50 “Breakout Brands” for the year. The neighborhood restaurant concept is open for lunch and dinner daily, offering guests classic American tavern fare with an upscale twist. Marlow’s Tavern at Emory Point is located at 1627 Clifton Road; 404-343-3283. Marlow’s Tavern in Dunwoody is located at 1317 Dunwoody Village Parkway; 770-559-7528. Marlow’s Tavern in Cumming is located at 410 Peachtree Parkway; 770-886-3666. Marlow’s Tavern in East Cobb is located at 1311 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 208; 770-977-7747. Marlow’s Tavern in Duluth is located at 1950 Satellite Boulevard; 770-622-2033. Marlow's Tavern in Vinings is located at 2355 Cumberland Parkway, Ste.10; 770-432-2526. Marlow's Tavern in Alpharetta is located at 3719 Old Alabama Road, Bldg. 200, Suite H-I; 770-475-1800. Marlow’s Tavern in Midtown is located at 950 West Peachtree Street; 404-815-0323. Marlow’s Tavern in Kennesaw is located at 745 Chastain Road NW, Suite 1160; 770-425-8777. Marlow’s Tavern in Tucker is located at 4156 LaVista Road; 678-987-1197. Marlow’s Tavern in Orlando is located at 9101 International Drive in Pointe Orlando; 407-351-3627. For more information, visit marlowstavern.com.